- 1 ：maji ：2008/06/28(Sat) 02:48:24 ID:dABlJWLl0.net
- I want to know what Japanese people think of the growing population of western otaku. Also, if any Japanese Otaku want to know how western otaku act, feel free to ask.
- 155 ：maji ：2008/12/03(Wed) 18:52:58 ID:LHSEDgor0.net
- How about American superheroes?
Anyone into those?
- 156 ：JohnJu ：2008/12/04(Thu) 15:50:44 ID:WXw0vgU5O.net
- jmgadw knows adtcht!
- 157 ：maji [sage]：2009/02/28(Sat) 01:01:17 ID:NxNr5xQP0.net
- May I ask all that Are these thread' Western Otakus mean EURO Otakus and North Americans
Otaku or Japanese Kansai?
- 158 ：maji ：2009/03/30(Mon) 12:55:03 ID:LfGl3lUw0.net
- 159 ：maji ：2009/03/30(Mon) 14:47:41 ID:sSzrss6o0.net
- European and North American otaku, yes
- 160 ：maji ：2009/03/30(Mon) 23:21:40 ID:nDgej/pk0.net
- I think.. when a lot of Japanese hearing 'Western Otaku',
they imagined 'mania of SEIBU-GEKI (gun-action movie in American Old West)'.
- 161 ：maji ：2009/04/08(Wed) 19:46:57 ID:ZnBASOpl0.net
- I don't think there's a single Japanese person on these boards
- 162 ：I ：2009/04/08(Wed) 19:50:40 ID:KaUiXo4Z0.net
- Maybe we should wait until...You know who forget about this board.
- 163 ：maji ：2009/04/08(Wed) 19:53:21 ID:R+rTXE/J0.net
- i like this board, full of lulz an shit
- 164 ：maji [sage]：2009/04/14(Tue) 22:43:58 ID:REHoDgLPO.net
Kosugi is cowboy
- 165 ：maji ：2009/04/18(Sat) 02:18:49 ID:RfU7+hTx0.net
- just ride on your ass
- 166 ：maji ：2009/04/18(Sat) 08:30:46 ID:NyBSJzotO.net
- 167 ：maji ：2009/05/11(Mon) 02:07:03 ID:DdOzJlp8O.net
- Colt single action army
- 168 ：maji ：2009/05/17(Sun) 02:38:04 ID:F1dzy5cFO.net
- revolutin death squad
- 169 ：Freya [email@example.com]：2009/06/24(Wed) 09:37:28 ID:+iBNAfF40.net
- I'm not Japanese, but I am a western (Well, australian) otaku that has
visited Japan. People are always talking about the negative connotations
the word 'otaku' has in japan, but when I went there, people didn't seem
like that at all. For the start I tried not to bring up my interests with
Japanese people I had met, but they always ended up bringing it up,
Since I'd end up staring at any anime related shop we walked past. But rather
than being put off by it, they seemed more curious, like how much interest people in
different countries took to Japanese anime. I think Japanese people who dislike Japanese
otaku will dislike western otaku as well, and Japanese people who dislike westerners
will dislike western otaku, but other than those people, western otaku
seemed to be viewed with curiosity and wonderment, considering Japan is actually
a rather closed off country and don't really see the overall effect that
the supposed subculture 'otaku' has taken overseas.
- 170 ：maji [sage]：2009/07/04(Sat) 20:30:52 ID:Iq2tPdmH0.net
- Ain't that deep. Obvious otaku is obvious.
- 171 ：maji [sage]：2009/07/09(Thu) 07:39:16 ID:hu7qGE8G0.net
- cowboy otaku?
- 173 ：180-144-65-67f1.osk3.eonet.ne.jp ：2010/12/11(Sat) 19:08:00 ID:b23Je1QP0.net
- Akina's nice short story
Everybody and nice to meet you! I'm Akina.
I'm an one's own pace, and the blog of daily life and the idea to which the photograph readily is suitably exchanged and written.
Please look at my with one's own way patiently if it's good.
If it's possible to point it out readily, I'm welcome because it thinks that there are a lot of points that don't arrive either.
Then, please come from following URL.
Thank you for lending valuable advertising space.
- 174 ：HlGZaTrPh [firstname.lastname@example.org]：2010/12/12(Sun) 16:34:06 ID:Tt39LNfh0.net
- 175 ：zazZMRJSC [email@example.com]：2010/12/12(Sun) 17:27:42 ID:Tt39LNfh0.net
- 176 ：TxvCaNllhovAO [firstname.lastname@example.org]：2010/12/12(Sun) 18:20:53 ID:Tt39LNfh0.net
- 177 ：maji ：2011/09/05(Mon) 10:33:18.07 ID:lGpLHV0L0.net
- Western otaku. Pig disgusting.
- 178 ：maji ：2011/10/03(Mon) 02:59:03.32 ID:lyT27ra20.net
- 179 ：maji ：2011/10/22(Sat) 23:44:20.41 ID:EhYE8P5F0.net
- 180 ： 【31.6m】 dennouprion 【東電 67.1 %】 [sage]：2012/04/30(Mon) 10:23:48.46 ID:ffj4szkN0.net ?PLT(12079)
- Where is Eastern Otaku Thread?
- 182 ：maji ：2012/08/22(Wed) 22:00:27.17 ID:QgZQDXySO.net
If that situation goes
on,more and more people
will come to enjoy the
Otaku materials and
consequently feel closer
with each other,among
those who like or love
I think that's amazing.
- 183 ：maji ：2012/08/22(Wed) 22:02:32.46 ID:4DdZ1KK50.net
one world one people!
- 184 ：maji ：2012/08/24(Fri) 00:18:40.16 ID:Il+faGUr0.net
Reading all the comments on that link made me scared. Is there such a thing as a 'white guy friendly' place in Japan?
- 185 ：maji ：2012/08/24(Fri) 16:06:32.74 ID:6vQN8DHj0.net
You're a fool to believe everything you read on internet. People like you
if you act normal and polite and not stereotypical white
- 186 ：maji ：2012/08/27(Mon) 02:23:57.57 ID:lr9IrkbE0.net
What is the stereotype the Japanese have for white people? I don't know any white stereotypes.
- 187 ：maji ：2012/08/27(Mon) 11:00:33.55 ID:W2Sd2S/70.net
You never heard of the arrogant frenchman, american redneck or the drunken russian?
All those are typical stereotypes for example. But asian consider a
negative stereotype is the white guy who thinks he's better than everybody else, refuse to
speak the local language and customs and so on.
- 188 ：maji [sage]：2012/09/07(Fri) 20:49:22.93 ID:5jEbhxPX0.net
- In japan, otaku is nagative phrase, but western otaku is positive phrase.
Because Western admire japanese culture.
That is positive for japanese --- japanese unconsciously think Western (mainly white) is greater than japanese.
- 189 ：maji ：2012/09/08(Sat) 20:21:16.19 ID:pPo7WKVm0.net
- Hi, i'm new here
- 190 ：maji ：2012/09/09(Sun) 05:44:59.69 ID:YMLMVUpI0.net
Hello and welcome to ghost town!
- 191 ：maji [sage]：2012/09/09(Sun) 07:19:03.98 ID:moC3lbRY0.net
- Hello, I'm ghost. Are you ghost?
I lost my body, so I trust I go to two dimensions and meet that's girl!!
- 192 ：maji ：2012/09/09(Sun) 12:39:23.51 ID:J/0hE4If0.net
- Maybe in there you can get your love, a ghost girlfriend. :P
- -- -- -
- 193 ：maji ：2012/09/09(Sun) 19:37:59.42 ID:YMLMVUpI0.net
Are you writing in morse?
- 194 ：maji ：2012/09/09(Sun) 22:18:01.84 ID:ZaBqNFRZ0.net
- 195 ：maji ：2012/09/11(Tue) 03:00:47.19 ID:7Hn8O/F/0.net
- 196 ：maji [sage]：2012/09/11(Tue) 13:59:39.41 ID:AJEvTLsn0.net
- I went to Tokyo Geijyutsu Daigaku (most popular art college) festival in sunday.
"moe" character of oil painting is very interesting.
In Japan, "moe" isn't art for people in general. Maybe, They have bad feeling.
What does Western otaku think "moe"?
- 197 ：!ninja [sage]：2012/09/11(Tue) 16:07:01.48 ID:ldr7z8qii.net
- Moe ha kawaii!
- 198 ：maji ：2012/09/11(Tue) 22:21:09.24 ID:OouCGmNG0.net
- moe is the best
- 199 ：maji [sage]：2012/09/14(Fri) 22:24:54.80 ID:2aMZ2mof0.net
- "Moe" is bad feeling in japan,I think the reason it's similar to love little girl, little animal.
If adult male love to them(except case of they are family), japanese people have bad feeling.
- 200 ：maji ：2012/12/13(Thu) 09:32:55.25 ID:8ulX2+O10.net
Most Americans think moe is stupid and sexist. Moe anime like K-On! is not very popular here.
Anyone who likes moe is considered creepy and a pedophile. Americans like action anime like
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.
- 201 ：maji ：2013/04/29(Mon) 00:00:29.47 ID:10h80cGq0.net
- 202 ：maji [sage]：2013/04/29(Mon) 23:53:35.69 ID:rNadfYD10.net
- Some touches of Graphic Novels are getting closer to Manga nowadays...
- 203 ：maji [sage]：2013/04/30(Tue) 05:02:43.16 ID:PmnsEC4E0.net
- Is there anyone else??